Improved hardness and rigidity
Spectrum Carbon PLA is a modified, PLA-based filament blended with carbon fibers which contributes to a considerably higher rigidity, hardness and tensile resistance, while retaining low shrinkage and very good adhesion to build platforms typical for the pure PLA. The 10% addition of carbon fibre enables you to obtain matte surfaces of printed items, which greatly improves the aesthetic properties of printed items.
Tip: Due to the essential content of chopped carbon fire, it is recommended to use nozzles with diameters exceeding the standard value of 0.4mm. The presence of carbon fibers may also cause wear of standard nozzles; thus it is recommended to use hardened steel or ruby nozzles for prolonged application of Spectrum Carbon PLA.
- improved hardness and rigidity as compared to the pure PLA
- higher plasticisation temperature
- improved abrasion resistance
- much higher compression resistance
- good mechanical properties
- high aesthetic, matte surface quality
- no shrinkage after cooling
- items which need to be very rigid and hard while maintaining dimensional accuracy
- manufacturing of spacer components subject to static compressive loads
- concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products
- ornamental parts (aesthetic properties)
- external structural components which emphasise the product
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly significant impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axes with ±0.8µm accuracy, which allow obtaining a high-quality final product. To prove this, Spectrum Filaments, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, has introduced the possibility of online presentation, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.