Unbelievable glossy effect
Spectrum PLA SILK filament is a PLA-based material for additive manufacturing with colour concentrates which imparts the satin texture effect to printed items. The surface satin texture of printed items largely reduces the visibility of layers on the side surface of printed items. Using a specially development pigment, it is possible to retain the classic properties of PLA, i.e. the simple and efficient printing, while obtaining a very low shrinkage rate and relatively high tensile strength. Thus, the material is designed for those who appreciate simple printing and very high aesthetic properties.
- unique aesthetic properties
- reduced visibility of layers on the side surfaces of printed items
- satin shine on the entire surface of printed items
- maintenance of all the mechanical strength parameters of the standard PLA
- user friendly
- no shrinkage after cooling
- decorative art
- interior design
- educational projects
- concept and demo prototyping of designed finished and semi-finished products.
VERIFY YOUR SPOOL – the most precise quality control system on the market
Filament for 3D printers is manufactured by the method of free extrusion, which is one of the most difficult processing techniques by extrusion, due to the particularly significant impact of process parameters on product dimensions and material homogenization.
During the production each 1mm of Spectrum Filament is being continuously measured in 2 axes with ±0.8µm accuracy, which allow obtaining a high-quality final product. To prove this, Spectrum Filaments, as one of the few manufacturers in the world, has introduced the possibility of online presentation, individually for each manufactured spool:
- the course of diameter on the entire length of the spool,
- mean diameter,
- standard deviation.
Precise survey guarantees that Spectrum Filaments products meet rigorous market requirements.